It is possible to use your existing @hotmail.com account to access/manage your LetsHost email in place of an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. To set this up in Hotmail, please see the following steps.
- Log in to your hotmail.com/outlook.com address
- Click on the gear icon in the top right and use the search bar to find ‘Connected Accounts’
- Next, click on the icon for Other Email Account
- Under Advanced Settings tick the box for Manual Configuration and click OK
- Enter the requested information.
- The Display name is the name you wish people to see when they receive your email.
- Email address should be the full email address you have with LetsHost, the username should also be the full email address and Password should be the email accounts password
- When asked to choose connection type we suggest using IMAP/SMTP
- Incoming server should be entered in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below for more information*
- The port should be set to 993 , Authentication set to Basic and Encryption set to SSL
- The option to send email using providers server should be ticked
- Outgoing server should be entered in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information and the port should be set to 587
- Click OK and the account should now be ready to use
*NB: To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.