If you are looking to set your website up with an SSL Cert, you will also need to change the ‘base URL’ of the website to load all content with ‘https://’. You can do this manually in the website settings in the WordPress Dashboard, or you can install a plugin to take care of it for you. The plugin we would recommend is ‘Really Simple SSL’.
To install Really Simple SSL, please see the following steps:
- First, log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Mouse over Plugins and click Add New
- Search for ‘Really Simple SSL’
- Click Install Now and then click Activate
- Click ‘Go ahead, activate SSL!’
- Your site should now load over SSL
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.