In your Microsoft Outlook email client, if you are experiencing issues sending out emails, you may get the following error message:
Task ’firstname.lastname@example.org – Sending’ reported error (0x800CCC80) : ‘None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported
by your server.‘
If you receive the above error in Outlook, first note the email address in the error. To fix this issue up, please see the following:
- Next click on File > Account Settings > Account Settings
- Select the email account as per the error message, and then click Change
- Click More Settings and navigate to the Outgoing tab
- Check ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’ and use same settings as my incoming server
- Click OK and click Next on the main settings page.
This should resolve the email issue for you, but if not, please submit a ticket and a member of our Support Dept. will be happy to advise further here.