In order to edit the DNS record of your domain, you will need to use the DNS Manager feature in your client area. To do this, please follow these steps.
- Log in to your client area
- Click on Domains > Managed DNS
- Click on Add New Zone
- Enter in your Domain Name (without ‘www.’) and sample IP address 184.108.40.206 (please ignore this IP address if you know your own)
- When the page refreshes, you will be able to edit the DNS zone for your domain (including A record, CNAME, MX record changes etc)
- After you have added in all the required zone entries, you need to update your domain to point to the following nameservers: ns9.dnsireland.com, ns10.dnsireland.com
- To do this, click on Domains > My Domains, ‘Active’ to the right of the domain and then the Nameservers option on the left. Failing to update the nameservers, will mean the above settings will not take effect.
If you are working on a .com/.biz/.net/.info/.org domain you will have to disable registrar locking before you can update the nameservers. Click on the Registrar Lock on the left to lock/unlock your domain. DNS updates should fully propagate within about 24 hours, but can sometimes take up to 72 hours to fully propagate.
Please note that if you have the domain set up on different nameservers currently, following the above steps overwrites the current setup (which may result in your website/email going offline). If you need to retain existing zone entries (such as where your email/website/etc is currently hosted), you will need to make any zone entry changes on whatever nameservers your domain is already using.
If you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to submit a ticket and a member of our Support Dept. will be happy to advise further.