When domain names (primarily .ie domains) are registered without any corresponding hosting account, they will be set up on our parking nameservers – ns3.dnsireland.com and ns4.dnsireland.com. This allows applications for .ie domains to complete, as a DNS entry is required for the domain before the application will pass.
To connect your new domain name to your hosting account and website, you will need to update the nameservers of the domain. This is done via your client area.
- Log in to your client area
- Click on the menu item Domains and then on My Domains
- This will list out the domains you have on your LetsHost account. Click on the green Active button to the right of the domain in question
- Under the Manage menu on the left, click on Nameservers
- On the next screen, you will need to replace the existing nameservers with those listed in your ‘hosting account welcome email’
- To view a copy of your hosting welcome email (as well as any other email sent from our billing system), click on ‘Hello, [Name]!’ on the top right and then on Email History
If you have registered a new domain to add to an existing hosting account, before you update the nameservers as per above, you will need to add it to your hosting account. For instructions on how to do this, please visit our other KB article on creating an Addon Domain or an Alias/Parked Domain.
If you have any questions on the above, please do not hesitate to submit a ticket and a member of our Support Dept. will be happy to advise further.