If your website if not kept up-to-date with new updates and security releases, security vulnerabilities can develop in the website code and an attacker can gain unauthorised access to your hosting account. With this access, malicious content can be uploaded to the account (usually) to display a phishing page or to send out spam mail. One step to take when cleaning up a website hack is to scan your website content for malware. Please see the following steps on how to scan the files on your hosting account for malware.
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Services > My Services
- You will see your products/services listed out here. Click on Active beside your hosting package
- On the menu on the left, click on Login to cPanel
- Once logged in to your cPanel control panel, click on the icon for Backup Wizard > Backup > Home Directory
- If you do not have any malware scanning software installed on your computer, we recommend Malwarebytes
- We would also recommend scanning your content with the anti-virus software Avast
- Once Malwarebytes and Avast have been downloaded and installed, right-click on the Full Website Backup file (that you downloaded from cPanel earlier) and select Scan with Malwarebytes and Avast
- Follow the steps in these applications to fix any infections
- Delete your website files via cPanel > File Manager
- Finally, you will need to restore your website files to your hosting account. To do this, click on cPanel > Backup Wizard > Restore > Home Directory
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.