Sometimes when you are experiencing an issue with email, accessing the email headers will provide some helpful to find the root cause of the issue. If you have a ticket open with the Support Dept. on the email, you might be asked to provide email headers. Depending on how you normally access your emails, steps to view the email headers will be different for each email client/interface.
For information on understanding the contents of email headers, please visit this link. To view your email headers in Gmail, please see the following steps:
- First, you will need to log in to your Gmail account
- Click on the email that you want to get the headers for – this should open the preview of the mail
- At the top right of the email, click on the 3 vertical dots menu icon (to the right of the date/time info for the email)
- Click on “show original” in the drop down list
- This will open a new tab with the full header information for the email
- You can copy/paste this information into the Support ticket you have open
If you require any further information/assistance here, please feel free to open a ticket with our Support Dept. and the team will be happy to help further.