In order to connect your domain name to your Shopify website, you will need to use the DNS Manager feature in your client area. To do this, please follow these steps:
- First, log in to your Shopify account and click ‘Add Domain’ and then ‘Add Domain’ again
- Click ‘Connect existing domain’
- Type in your domain name and click ‘Next’
- Click ‘Verify connection’
- Make note of these settings (or leave the tab open)
- Log in to your LetsHost Client Area
- Click Domains > Managed DNS
- Click Add New Zone
- Zone Name is your domain name, IP Address is from your Shopify settings
- Click the Edit Zone icon (pen icon)
- Add in the www. CNAME record from your Shopify settings and Save Changes
- Click Domains > My Domains from the top menu
- Click the blue dropdown arrow and then Manage Nameservers
- Nameserver 1 = ns9.dnsireland.com and Nameserver 2 = ns10.dnsireland.com
- Click Change Nameservers
This completes the process, but it will take a few hours for the changes in the above steps to complete.
If you are working on a .com/.biz/.net/.info/.org domain you will have to disable registrar locking before you can update nameservers.
Please note that if you have the domain set up on different nameservers currently, following the above steps overwrites the current setup (which may result in your website/email going offline). If you need to retain existing zone records (such as where your email/website/etc is hosted), these will need to be added in to the DNS Manager above.