When transferring a .com/net/org/info/biz/etc domain from one domain registration provider to another, the domain would first need to be ‘unlocked’. Unlocking the domain, as well as getting the domains EPP/transfer code, is needed to complete the transfer. Your new registration provider will assist in further detail here. For steps on how to unlock your domain and get its EPP code, please see the following:
- Log in to your LetsHost client area
- Click on Domains > My Domains > Active (to the right of the domain listed)
- Under the Manage tab on the left, click on Registrar Lock
- Click the blue Disable Registrar Lock button
- Once the domain is unlocked, you will be able to get the EPP code/transfer code.
- Again, under the Manage tab on the left, click on ‘Get EPP Code’
- Your domains EPP code will then be generated and is valid for 1-2 weeks (depending on the domain type)
When the transfer of your domain to your new provider is complete, please ensure the auto-renewal of your domain is disabled to avoid being billed by LetsHost.
If you have any questions on the above, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.