Password Protection allows you to set login details on a directory to ensure only people who have the login details can access this section of your website. It is also useful for restricting access to a directory on your hosting account, where you might store .pdf files for example. To password protect a directory, please see the following steps:
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Services > My Services
- You will see your products/services listed out here. Click on Active beside your hosting package
- On the left, click on the link Login to cPanel
- Once in the cPanel control panel, click on the icon for Directory Privacy under Files header
- Click on the public_html directory. Here set a username and a password that will be needed in order to access the website
- You can also password protect a sub-directory of your website. To do this, just click the corresponding directory (instead of the public_html directory)
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.