If you are changing DNS on your domain name and you receive the error ‘Nameserver Change Failed – Domain Locked’, this means that the domain is ‘locked’. This is a security feature on your domain which prevents unauthorised changes being made. To resolve this, you simply need to ‘unlock’ the domain. This is done via your LetsHost client area by following the below steps:
- Log in to your LetsHost client area
- Click on Domains > My Domains > Active (to the right of the domain listed)
- Under the Manage tab on the left, click on Registrar Lock
- Click the blue Disable Registrar Lock button to unlock the domain. You can now change the DNS
- We recommend re-locking the domain post change for additional security on your domain name
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.