Your LetsHost hosting account will allow you to host multiple, independent websites. To set up a second website on your hosting account, you will need to add the new domain name as an ‘addon domain’ to your account via your cPanel. To do this, please see the following steps:
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Services > My Services
- You will see your products/services listed out here. Click on Active beside your hosting package
- In the Quick Shortcuts section, click on the icon for Addon Domains – this will bring you to the corresponding page in your cPanel control panel
- Fill out the short form to create the addon domain – in the first field, you can enter your domain name without the ‘www.’ bit (such as ‘letshost.ie’ and not ‘www.letshost.ie’)
- The two fields under it will auto-complete and are fine to leave as is. Please note the Document Root is the folder you will need to upload your website files for this domain going forward.
The final step in this process is to update the DNS nameservers of the addon domain to match that of the main domain on your hosting account. If you are unsure of these, please refer to your ‘hosting account welcome email’. Please note that when updating nameservers, this change can take up to 24 hours to propagate.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.