Databases are used to store data for your website or content management system (such as WordPress). Please see the following steps on how to create a MySQL database in cPanel.
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Services > My Services
- You will see your products/services listed out here. Click on Active beside your hosting package
- On the menu on the left, click on Login to cPanel
- Once logged in to your cPanel control panel, click on the icon for MySQL Databases
- In the New Database box at the top of the page, fill in the name for your database
- Click Create Database
This will create a database for you. Note that the name of the database will have a prefix based on your hosting account username (e.g. if you fill in mydb and your username is cpuser, your database will be named cpuser_mydb). In order to connect to the database, you will also need to set up a database user and add this to the database.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.