Cloudflare is a service that acts as a proxy between your website visitors and your hosting account. With Cloudflare, you can help protect your website against malicious traffic, save bandwidth and reduce average page load times. This service is included for free with your LetsHost hosting account. Please see the following steps on how to set up Cloudflare on your website.
- First you will need to create a free account with Cloudflare
- Once logged in click Websites on the left hand side
- Click “+Add A Site” button
- Enter your domain name and click “Add site”
- Click on the Free plan and click Continue
- Please allow a few minutes for Cloudflare to set up the DNS records
- Click Continue
4. Add Cloudflare’s nameservers:
Make a note of these new nameservers for your domain.
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Domains > My Domains
- Find your domain in the list and click the green Active button
If your domain is a .com domain please navigate to “Registrar Lock” on the left hand side and click the disable registrar lock button.
Otherwise if your domain does not have a lock .ie for example navigate to “Nameservers”
- Enter the nameservers provided by Cloudflare (as per step “4” above)
- Click the change nameservers button
If your domain has a lock you can re-enable the lock again.
Please allow between 4 and 24 hours for propagation to complete.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.