If you become blocked on your virtual machines firewall, you will not be able to unblock yourself via WHM or over SSH. First, your will need to log in to your client area.
- Once logged in to your client area, click on Services > My Services > Click on your VPS Package > Click on the Launch VNC icon
- Once you are logged in to the server via the console, you can check to see if your IP address is blocked by running the command ‘csf -g ip_address‘ (replacing ip_address with your own IP address). For example: csf -g 220.127.116.11
- If your IP address is blocked, it will be shown here and will also give you the reason why it was blocked – e.g. blocked due to invalid login
attempts to cPanel
- To unblock your IP address, run the command ‘csf -dr ip_address‘
- To whitelist your IP address, run the command ‘csf -a ip_address‘
You can get your IP address by going to http://ip.letshost.ie or by searching for ‘what is my ip address’ in Google. If you have any questions on this, please submit a ticket and a member of our Support Dept. will be happy to advise further here.