Traceroute is a tool which can show you the path your connection takes when visit a website or connect to a server. It can be very useful in troubleshooting many different problems. To run a traceroute on Windows, please see the following steps:
- Press the Windows key and the ‘r’ button simultaneously
- Type ‘cmd’ into the text box and press Run. This opens the Command Prompt
- Type ‘tracert’ followed by either the website URL or the server IP address you wish to perform a traceroute to. An example traceroute command might look like this:
- Press the Enter key to run the command
- When the traceroute has finished the results will then be displayed. These results can be used to diagnose connection problems. If you have a ticket open with our Support team, you can send a copy/screenshot of these results in and the team can troubleshoot your issue further
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.