In order to connect your domain name to your Squarespace website, you will need to use the DNS Manager feature in your client area. To do this, please follow these steps:
- First, log in to your Squarespace account and click on Settings – Domains
- Click the button for ‘Use and domain I own’, type in your own domain name and click Next
- Click the button for ‘Connect Domain’
- Select ‘Other’ from the list and click ‘Connect Domain’
- Click Continue and then copy/paste the DNS Settings on the following screen
- Next, log in to your LetsHost.ie client area (https://www.letshostbilling.com/clientarea.php/) and click on Domains – Managed DNS
- Click Add New Zone and fill in your domain name and IP Address (as per Squarespace DNS Settings)
- Click Add Zone
- Click the Edit pen icon and then proceed to add in each of the Squarespace DNS Settings
- Click Domains – My Domains
- Click the blue down arrow and then Manage Nameservers
- Enter in ‘ns9.dnsireland.com’ and ‘ns10.dnsireland.com’. If there are any other nameservers listed, remove them
- Click Change Nameservers
- It will take a few hours for the above DNS Settings to take full effect, but afterwards your domain name will be connected to your Squarespace website
If you are working on a .com/.biz/.net/.info/.org domain you will have to disable registrar locking before you can update nameservers. Click on the Registrar Lock on the left to lock/unlock your domain. DNS updates should fully propagate within about 24 hours, but can sometimes take up to 72 hours to fully propagate.
Please note that if you have the domain set up on different nameservers currently, following the above steps overwrites the current setup (which may result in your website/email going offline). If you need to retain existing zone records (such as where your email/website/etc is hosted), these will need to be added in to the DNS Manager above.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.