For a number of reasons, it may be required to change the main domain on a cPanel account under your reseller. To do this, you will need to log in to your WHM. Please see below for more information on this.
- First, you will need to log in to your LetsHost client area and then log in to your WHM (Web Host Manager) from there
- Once logged in to your client area, click on Services > My Services to list your reseller package.
- Click on Manage to the right of the reseller package and then on Login to WHM under the Overview menu on the left. This will open a new tab with your WHM
- Click the icon for Account Information
- To the left of the cPanel account, click on the ‘+’ symbol and then on Modify Account
- On the next page, you can enter the new Primary Domain. Saving this will update the domain name on the cPanel account
Please be advised that changing the main domain on the cPanel account can cause issues if you are running any CMS/PHP applications, such as WordPress or Joomla. Also, all of your @olddomain email accounts will be renamed to @newdomain. The content that is on your account for the (current) main domain will become the content for the (new) main domain after the change (i.e. the website that loads for www.olddomain.com will load for www.newdomain.com after the change).
We recommend that you back up all of your email before making this change. This can be done by simply downloading all of your email using an email client such as Microsoft Outlook/Mozilla Thunderbird. Please note that if the domain name on the account is currently an addon domain on the account, you will first need to backup the content for this addon domain and then remove it from the cPanel.
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.