If your server is unresponsive, it is possible that it has run out of memory (‘gone OOM’). Please follow the steps below to check if your VPS is OOM:
- Log in to your LetsHost client area and click on Services > My Services
- You will see your products/services listed out here.
- Next to the service Cloud Server click ‘Active’
- Scroll down until theVPS Management section and click ‘VNC ‘
- This will open a new window showing the following options: a) Launch HTML 5 VNC Client, b) Launch Java VNC Viewer
- Chose Launch HTML 5 VNC Client
- You will see a new page (the console) and at the bottom you will see ‘Free Swap’ if the ‘Free Swap’ is 0 then your VPS has run out of memory
Now that you know your server has run out of memory, you will need to reboot it. If you have any questions on this, please submit a ticket and a member of our Support Dept. will be happy to advise further here.