It is possible to use your existing @gmail.com account to access/manage your LetsHost email in place of an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird. To set this up in Gmail, please see the below steps. If you do not know your current email password, please visit this link for instructions on how to reset it.
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Click the gear icon in the upper right and click Settings
- Open the Accounts and Import tab
- In the’ Check email from other accounts’ section, click ‘Add an email account’
- Enter the full email address of the account you’d like to access, Then click Next Step
- Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) and click next
- Enter in the following:
- Enter in your username: Your full email address
- Enter in your password: Email address password
- POP server: Server hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Port: 110
- Click on Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server
- Click Add Account and then tick Yes, I want to be able to send mail as your domain name
- Click on Next Step to complete the process
Please note that Gmail will check for new emails at a set interval, which you 9or LetsHost) cannot change. In some cases, it is possible that Gmail will not check for new emails for an hour or two at a time.
*NB: To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.