Some users can experience an issue with their iPhone suddenly complaining about the SSL security cert for their email service, that is it not trusted. To resolve this issue, please see the following steps:
- In the Settings app, navigate to Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap the account name to view the account
- On the main screen for your email account, tap on the email address near the top of the screen next to Account to access the accounts settings. From there, you will be able to edit the incoming and outgoing server settings as well as update the account password and port information
- Tap Advanced and update the Port to 995 (if you are using POP3), or 993 if you are using IMAP.
- Change the Incoming Mail Server to the servers hostname (in the form ‘lhxx.dnsireland.com’, see below for more information)
- Please note that you may need to re-enter the password. The username should be the full email address
- Go to Outgoing Mail Server and change to the servers hostname (in the form ‘lhxx.dnsireland.com’, see below for more information), and Port to 465
- Reboot the device
To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘lhxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you are asked to re-enter your email account password, but you do not have a record of the current password, you will need to reset it via your cPanel control panel. If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.