To set up an email account in the email client Thunderbird, please see the following steps.
In Thunderbird, click on Tools > Account settings > Account Actions > Add mail account
- Your Name: Your name
- Email address: The full email address
- Password: The email account password
Click IMAP and then Manual Config.
- Incoming: Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Incoming Port: 143
- Outgoing: Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SSL: Yes
- Authentication: Normal Password (both Incoming + Outgoing)
- Username: Your full email address
- Click Test and then Create Account
*NB: To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.