To set up an email account in the email client Thunderbird, please see the following steps. If you do not know your current email password, please visit this link for instructions on how to reset it.
In Thunderbird, click on Tools > Account settings > Account Actions > Add mail account
- Your Name: Your name
- Email address: The full email address
- Password: The email account password
- Incoming: Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Incoming Port: 143
- Outgoing: Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Outgoing Port: 465
- SSL: Yes
- Authentication: Normal Password (both Incoming + Outgoing)
- Username: Your full email address
- Click Test and then Create Account
*NB: To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.