To set up an email account in the email client Outlook 2016, please see the following steps. If you do not know your current email password, please visit this link for instructions on how to reset it.
First, you will need to open the settings screen. Click: File > Info > Add Account > Add And Remove Accounts or Change Existing Connection Settings > New > Name, Email address, Password > Click Manually Configure Server Setting Or Additional Server Types > Click Next > Internet Email
Once you have the settings screen opened, please see the following settings you will need to enter:
- Your Name: Your name
- Email address: Full email address
- Account type = IMAP
- Incoming mail server = Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) = Servers hostname (in the form ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’, see below* for more information)
- Username: Your full email address
- Password: Your email account password
- More Settings > Outgoing server, tick ‘my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’
- Incoming server (IMAP) = 143
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) = 25
- Tick the option to leave a copy of the mail on the server
*NB: To find out the correct hostname to enter (which replaces ‘LHxx.dnsireland.com’ from above), enter your domain name (without WWW) and click Lookup!
If you require further information/assistance on this, please submit a ticket and a member of the team will be happy to assist further.